The results of a survey carried out by event organiser Diversified Business Communications Ltd has revealed some of the odder aspects of the PAs's role... and we wonder how many of you can identify with them?
The survey was carried out as part of National PA Day which is taking place on the first day of the Office* exhibition held on the 12th and 13th of September at National Hall Olympia. The humourous responses from PAs when asked what's the most ridiculous thing you've been asked to do included:
- Hold a plane at the airport due to boss being held up in traffic
- Take part in It's a knockout dressed as a penguin
- Take my boss's Dad to the seaside for a day out
- Arrange escort girls for a boss I worked for
- Clean a house when the cleaner was ill
PAs where also asked about the best thing they've ever done in the role - with the answers revealing just how broad a PA's job description can be:
- Attend a garden party at Buckingham Palace as a guest of the Duke of Edinburgh
- Arrange a Christmas party with a budget of £25k
- Incorporate Group HR into my role
- Organise a company 75 year celebration in Disneyland Paris which involved charter flights, organising a celebration dinner, accommodation and activities
- To be involved in our Queens Award for Enterprise – it made me feel very proud to be part of our company's achievement.
- Carry out my own projects with total responsibility for budget control, without micro management